Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Florida requires companies in the state to carry commercial auto insurance. Your company’s insurance needs are based on your risks and exposures, but you must also meet Florida and your lienholder’s requirements where commercial auto coverage is concerned.
Contact the agents at Nolan Family Insurance Agency in Punta Gorda, Florida, to get commercial auto insurance coverage tailored to your organization’s needs.
How Much Commercial Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Your agent may start building your commercial auto insurance coverage with property damage liability (PDL) and personal injury protection (PIP) policies.
Florida requires proof of PDL and PIP coverage when registering a vehicle with at least four wheels.
- Property damage liability insurance helps pay for your company’s legal liability for third-party property damage.
- Personal injury protection helps pay for medical bills, lost wages and similar out-of-pocket costs after a car accident.
If your business leases or finances vehicles, your lienholder requires full coverage commercial auto insurance that may include collision, comprehensive, and gap coverage.
If your company leases vehicles or has employees that use personal vehicles for business purposes, you should also carry hired and non-owned vehicle (HNOA) coverage to help pay commercial auto liability damages after an accident.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Depending on your company’s risks and exposures, your agent may recommend adding the following coverages to your company’s PDL and PIP policies:
- Collision insurance helps repair or replace your company’s vehicle after a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive insurance helps repair or replace your company’s vehicle for other than collision damage, such as a fire, storm, theft or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage helps cover the costs of an accident when the at-fault driver is not adequately insured or insured at all.
- Gap insurance helps bridge the financial “gap” between the amount your company owes its lienholder and your insurer’s settlement after an accident renders a covered vehicle a total loss.
- Hired and non-owned vehicle (HNOA) insurance helps provide coverage for your company’s legal liability when you or your employee drives a personal car for business purposes.
Your agent may recommend that you also purchase an umbrella policy to help cover claims exceeding your company’s other policies’ liability limits.
How to Get Commercial Auto Insurance
Depending on your company’s exposure to specific risks, your agent may recommend that you purchase more than the minimum liability insurance required in Florida. Working with an experienced Florida agent to build your customized commercial auto insurance is an ideal way to get appropriate coverage for your organization.
Contact Nolan Family Insurance Agency to get multiple commercial auto insurance quotes from reputable insurers.