Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
If you own or plan to start a business in Florida, you will need the right insurance to protect your assets. One of a business’ major assets includes the vehicles used for the operation. Commercial auto insurance is designed to cover your business’ vehicles as well as others on the road.
The insurance professionals at Nolan Family Insurance are dedicated to giving you one on one service by helping you find and tailor a commercial auto insurance policy that fits your business. We will help evaluate your risk and compare quotes among top insurers to get you the best price for the coverage you need.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Most of the coverage available under a commercial auto insurance policy is similar to that of a personal auto insurance policy. Available coverages may include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: This provides compensation for damages to the insured vehicle caused by fire, wind, hail, lightning, smoke, theft, vandalism and other incidents not involving a collision.
- Collision Coverage: This provides compensation for damages to the insured vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability: This covers bodily injury and property damage the driver may cause someone else while operating the insured vehicle.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This insurance covers medical bills the driver and their passengers may face after an accident, no matter who is at fault.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This covers damages and injuries that occur in an accident with another driver who is not carrying insurance.
- Roadside Assistance: This helps with expenses related to trip interruptions, such as flat tires and needing to be towed.
There are additional coverages available for commercial auto insurance, as well. Hired or Non-Owned Auto covers vehicles used but not owned by the business, such as rented vehicles or employee vehicles.
Who Is Covered Under Commercial Auto Insurance?
Essentially anyone given permission to operate one of your business’ vehicles should be covered under the policy. You may choose to assign certain employees to certain vehicles, or employees may switch out vehicles at will.
It is incredibly important to perform extensive background checks on each potential driver. Not only do you want good drivers in order to prevent accidents and lawsuits, but the driving record of your employees can have an affect on the cost of your commercial auto insurance. The more drivers you have, the more you may pay for auto insurance.
Insure with Nolan Family Insurance
Protect your business’ assets today. Give us a call at (941) 639-1122 or fill out an online quote form to get started.
Common Commercial Auto Insurance Questions
Just like a personal auto insurance policy, you (or your business) can pay monthly premiums in return for coverage under a commercial auto insurance policy. The main difference between this and a personal auto insurance policy is that the policyholder won’t always be driving the insured vehicles. Instead, employees may be covered under this policy while operating the business’ vehicles with permission.
The cost of commercial auto insurance depends on various factors. Your location, the size and value of the vehicle, distance traveled, products being transported, coverage limits and number of drivers all factor into the cost of a commercial auto insurance policy. Fill out an online quote form to find out how much you can save on commercial auto insurance with Nolan Family Insurance.
In most cases, commercial auto insurance will cover a limited amount of personal use—especially if you are using a single-owned and used vehicle for work purposes. However, be careful choosing which policy you need for your vehicle. Commercial auto insurance is generally not needed for vehicles that are only used to commute to and from work. However, if you use your vehicle to consistently transport materials or people or travel for work, you may need this specialized insurance.