General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
General Liability Insurance Information
General liability insurance can provide coverage for several exposures your operations face, which is a key aspect of a comprehensive insurance portfolio.
The team at Nolan Family Insurance Agency in Punta Gorda, Florida, can help you get the general liability policy that best suits your business’s needs. Contact us today for more information.
What Is General Liability Insurance?
General liability insurance is a type of commercial insurance that can help cover claims that your business caused injuries or property damage to third parties. It can be available as a standalone policy, or if your business qualifies for a business owner’s policy (BOP), it can be bundled with other commercial coverages.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
General liability insurance may cover expenses associated with specific legal claims that third parties (e.g., suppliers or customers) file against your business. It can help pay for settlements and legal fees (e.g., court costs and judgments) even if the claim is ultimately dropped.
General liability insurance policies generally include coverage for the following:
- Third-party property damage—General liability insurance may provide repair or replacement expenses to third parties if your business is responsible for damage to their property.
- Third-party bodily injury—General liability insurance may pay for medical bills related to a third-party injury for which your business is responsible (e.g., injuries that occur on your business’s property).
- Personal and advertising injury—General liability insurance may provide coverage for personal and advertising injuries such as libel, slander and copyright infringement.
Policies vary, and other coverages, such as product liability insurance, may be included with general liability coverage. Consult with your Nolan Family Insurance agent for details on terms, limits and exclusions.
What Are the Types of Liability Insurance?
Other types of liability insurance may be available for your business in addition to general liability insurance. Each provides different coverages. Examples include the following:
- Professional liability insurance
- Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI)
- Directors and officers (D&O) liability insurance
- Cyber liability insurance
Commercial umbrella insurance may also be available to provide additional coverage if a significant liability claim exceeds your other liability policy’s limits. Your agent can discuss your risk profile and help you determine which coverages may be suitable for your business.
Why Do You Need General Liability Insurance?
Licensing bodies, clients or landlords may require general liability insurance. Having coverage can help ensure you meet these mandates. Additionally, it can provide financial assistance that can reduce out-of-pocket costs after a covered incident and help ensure injured parties are compensated for their losses.
The team at Nolan Family Insurance Agency is ready to help you secure the right general liability coverage for your business. Contact us today for more information or a quote.
You may also be interested in…